- To pass the class with a "C" grade or better, what percentage must you attain?
- Students may be dropped without warning after they have missed how many
classes in a row? How many classes total?
- If you have missed (or will be missing) class, should you call the
instructor to let them know?
- Are you allowed to make up tests? If you have missed a test (or will be missing a test), should you call the instructor to let them
- If you have missed class, what should you do to get class announcements,
required assignments, or to go over course material covered that day?
- How many tests are you allowed to miss in this course without it hurting
your grade? How many tests are you allowed to make up?
- Are tests handed back to you? Can you
review old tests? Where? For how long?
- As per school guidelines, how many hours should you spend out of class
studying for every hour spent in class?
- As per school guidelines, if you were a
full-time student with 12 units, how many hours a week should you be working
on school related activities (class time + study time).
- Is there an astronomy lab that goes with this
course? Is it required? Where is it?
- Can you text message during class? Should
your phone be on or off? Can you use a laptop in class? Can you
eat or drink in class?
- What happens if you have a
legitimate medical situation and must miss class (flue, surgery, death in
the family, alien abduction, etc)? When should you contact the
instructor if there are extenuating circumstances?